View all images
• Interference colors have special reflective properties. When an interference color is viewed from different angles it changes between a bright opalescent colour and its complement.
• Interference colors are relatively transparent, which allows you to create unique glazing effects. Over a light surface, the interference color is subtle but its complement more clear. Over a black or dark surface the situation is the opposite.
• Effects of light interference are common in nature, e.g. in fish scales and bird feathers.
• You can also mix the standard colours with the interference colors and create unique colour palettes. If you for example to add a small amount of black, you will get a deeper opalescent effect.
• Old Holland acrylics in 168 colors of highest artist quality
• 136 standard colorus and 32 special colours
• Unique oil paint like texture and feel
• Can be used from impasto to ultra-thin glazing
• Dries satin matte with an almost imperceptible color shift
• The highest possible concentration of pigments
• Unbeatable color intensity, exceptionally high light fastness
• All pigments ASTM 1, 2 or BW scale 7-8
• 100% pure binders and pigments without additives
• Several high-quality alternative to cadmiums in the palette
• A number of unique shades, e.g. Genuine Manganese blue
• Hand painted color label on each tube
• Wide range of acrylic mediums, gesso, varnish etc.